Saturday, December 17, 2005

Recipe of the Week

This is adapted from a recipe that Mom sent me. I adjusted with ingredients that I had on hand. Her recipe was called 3-Bean Chicken Stew, I'll call mine Southwest Chicken Stew.

Southwest Chicken Stew

1/2 roaster chicken, cooked and meat cut into bite size pieces (I cooked mine in a crock pot)
1 Tbs Canola oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
chicken broth from cooked chicken
1 can black beans
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes w/ green chilies
1 cup dry red wine (I used Merlot)
1 large bay leaf
Italian herbs
parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Saute onions until soft, add broth, beans, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf and chicken, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or so. Add parsley and salt/pepper, simmer 5 more minutes.

Very good!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome stew or soup or whatever you want to call it. I know that I am going to make it again.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 5 states (2.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 24 states (48%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project eXTReMe Tracker