Saturday, September 06, 2008

When I was a kid, we'd have SPAM every once and a while, not often, but often enough so that I knew what the stuff was. Even better than SPAM was fried bologna, Mom would cut the slice so that it laid nicely in the pan. But back to SPAM. I recently went to Dallas and hung out with 20 women that I've known for close to 8 years. On Sunday morning we planned a huge brunch, and the kitchen was crammed with us cooking and sampling. One woman sliced up a bunch of SPAM and fried it until it was crispy crunchy. OMG, it was so good. I don't think Mom ever made it that way. The bad thing about SPAM is that it's very very salty. (Well, there are a lot more things 'bad' about SPAM, but I'm in denial and will not go there.) I was sad because I really want some SPAM, but I just don't want all that salt. Lo and behold (or is it loW and behold?), I found lower sodium SPAM!!! Not only did I find 'lower sodium' SPAM, I found turkey SPAM and bacon SPAM. It was pretty overwhelming. I have a can of 'lower sodium' SPAM out on the counter as I type. It's just waiting to be released, sliced, and fried. Get in my belly SPAM!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i made jen get spam recently. it was delicious. maybe fried bolgna next.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Fiddler said...

Mmmmmm, crazy tasty!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't endorse Hormel

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 5 states (2.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 24 states (48%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project eXTReMe Tracker