Thursday, September 29, 2005

I love the changing weather...autumn is a great season. But this EXACT time of year also makes me stressed out. It's do or die with the garden. Anticipating the first frost really sucks. I have hundreds of peppers and tomatoes to pick. If I don't pick them, a hard frost will kill them. We MIGHT get a frost tonight...MIGHT being the key word. So...I have a choice to make...pick everything today and all is well, or risk it and risk losing the fruits of our labor. So...it looks like I'll be skipping kickboxing and picking hundreds of peppers and tomatoes. This morning I picked 3 pepper plants and got an entire bucket full. Only 67 more plants to go. It's a good thing we scaled down on tomatoes this year, I only have 18 plants to pick. Anyone want to guess what I'll be doing for most of the weekend?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, making relish, pickles, canned tomatoes, and stuffed peppers for dinner!! Same as I!

9:30 AM  
Blogger mojoala said...

yeah making something from vegetables!

Lol, and our first frost here may not happen until January!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 5 states (2.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 24 states (48%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project eXTReMe Tracker