Monday, February 27, 2006

Recipe of the week

Chicken Tandoori

True tandoori is cooked in a clay oven, but I didn't have one of those! I don't have the recipe in front of me, but here's the gist. Very very good. This comes from a cookbook that my sister gave me a couple years ago (off my Amazon.com wish list), A Spoonful of Ginger.

6 0r 7 chicken legs/thighs, cut slits for marinade to penetrate! (I would recommend taking the skin off)
2 TB fresh minced ginger
2 TB fresh minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp tumeric
1 tsp oregano
1 TB crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt

Mix the yogurt and spices together and slather over chicken, let marinate over night. Bake @ 450 for 45 - 60 mins, until done and golden.

Yum!

2 Comments:

Blogger mojoala said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm that's sounds good. How's the weather there.

bllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, homemade tandoori is always so awesome. I love it on shrimp too!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 5 states (2.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 24 states (48%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project eXTReMe Tracker