Friday, March 18, 2005

I would starve...to...death...

So, the hubster works in Tokyo. He tells me about the food there. Here in America, we're use to cooked meats...not so in Tokyo. Raw meat/fish is where it's at! hubster has eaten raw horse! *faint* I just can't see myself eating that. I might try raw fish (but damn), but I don't think I could eat raw horse or cow or any other mammal.
Hubster brought home a bunch of candies and other Japanese 'goodies'. The packaging is so fun. The packaging for the kids' candy is great! It's very colorful and has anime on it. So, my daughter was sitting all happy sampling all the different candies that Hubster brought home. You can't tell what it is, it's all written in Japanese...but tasting is fun... that is... until...she tasted this one candy. It looked like little flat square pieces of red taffy, only very thin. She pops one into her mouth and looks at me in distress (she's 17)... what in the world is it?? She gives me one to try! Oh.my.God. Horrible, horrible..horrible. No more of that. Hubster goes back to Japan, and asks one of his Japanese friends what that particular candy is - PICKLED OCTOPUS!!! Arrrgh!!
I think I'll stick to food products that are packaged in English. Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


visited 5 states (2.22%)
Create your own visited map of The World or try another Douwe Osinga project
visited 24 states (48%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project eXTReMe Tracker